Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week Twelve - Blog: Video Review


I chose to view the films Isamu Noguchi: The Sculpture of Spaces and Andy Warhol: Images of an Image because of my interest for both sculpting and art specifically by Andy Warhol.  Moreover, I thought these films would enhance my comprehension of specific forms of art and be able to provide a professional discussion about them. 

The key concepts I learned from the Isamu Noguchi: The Sculpture of Spaces are:

·         Sculptures  take a lot of time to finish

·         They can use a small or large amount of space

·         Use an array of materials

·         Invoke emotions and thoughts

·         Be surreal and realistic

The Key concepts I learned from the Andy Warhol: Images of an Image are:

·         The creativity that goes into specific works of art

·         How works of art can have “mini” works of art in them as well

·         Can project particular thoughts and images

·         Bring movement and other forms of participation

·         Allow positions on specific issues to be noticed



Overall, I thought that the videos were outstanding, specifically the one about sculpting.  However, both of the films were able to bring a better comprehension about how works of art are created and finished.  Lastly, the films brought the idea of the various forms of art and artists that are and have been participating in the art world.  Again, I thought the films were outstanding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment