Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week Nine - Art Making/Material Exploration Drawings - Exploring Line


Well, for this project I found it to be very fun, but frustrating at the same time. The fun derived from being able to make some kick ass art regardless of how inept I am in regards to the complications that arose from not being ambidextrous.  Moreover, I found using my hand as a subject was interesting and extremely difficult.  Interesting because I rarely look at my hand and am amazed that it has so much detail involved, great natural art from my perspective and it provides an in depth view into how advanced art can be.  Additionally, it was difficult to draw such detail because of my limited ability, especially when I switched to my inferior hand.   


I chose to use pencil because of prior experiences with charcoal, usually I end up making a mess and smudging it all over the paper or other material and somewhat ruin the artwork.  Hence, the reason why I chose to utilize lead this time. 


In regards to drawing the right hand with my non-dominate hand it was extremely irritating because I was unable to generate the flow and detail I aspired. Furthermore, with regards to studying art I have an acquiescent approach to my drawings.  Mostly because I do not think they are not that great, however, if an artist could depict an image with precision then I certainly think that it place in academia could be astounding.  Lastly, I would consider using my non-dominant hand in other works of art because it can bring a new approach or even form of creativity to the piece that I am doing.  I never thought that using a “weak hand” for a sophisticated purpose could be useful, it unusual to think about, however it does its benefits.   Below, is my ATTEMPT at this project, enjoy!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment